Insurance Claims Overview
We offer the insurance company many ways to help with insurance claims including:
- Determine actual cash value (ACV) for insurance reasons
- Repair damaged forage boxes
- Recover and haul silage wagons that we repair
- Offer salvage bids for chopper boxes beyond repair
The benefit of the business is that it allows the insured to keep their equipment, once repaired. They are familiar with their machinery. Our service also reduces the overall replacement cost. As a result, we fix a high percentage of wrecked machinery. This also removes the time and cost of finding a replacement unit. Plus, there are no surprise issues with the replacement unit and its condition.
Forage Box Bidding Process
To start, the farmer reports the accident to the insurance company. Then, the insurance representative (oftentimes an adjuster) contacts us. At that point, they typically explain the situation and email us photos. As needed we can still meet in-person. In these instances, a meeting time/location will be set up with the insured and adjuster. We strive to be prompt in getting to the accident site within 48 hours when possible.
Over the years we have refined our insurance claims process to the following steps:
- Determine if the unit is repairable and its original actual cash value (ACV) before the accident
- Determine if the unit is repairable; we can offer a salvage value if beyond repair
- Create a cost bid/listing for repair work
- Pickup and haul unit from the insured site
- If needed, we can setup overturned units
- Perform actual work associated with the repair
- Deliver equipment back to insured
To clarify, we do steps 1 to 3 at the site. This is before anyone moves or tries to recover the unit. We prefer to be present and possibly assist when the machinery is up-righted. We have the equipment to upright and assist the recovery of the unit if it is in an inaccessible site. Our pickup and flatbed trailer are capable of hauling the unit to and from our repair shop. Above all, there are no surprises since all work is bid NOT estimated.