As of 07/13/2020 – 0 openings – Sheet Metal Worker and Driver
Sheet Metal Worker and Driver Downloads
- Job Description – Sheet Metal Worker and Driver (PDF File)
- Job Description – Sheet Metal Worker and Driver (Word File)
Sheet Metal Worker and Driver Job Description
Purpose And Nature Of Job
The work involves the performance of tasks of a sometimes heavy manual nature. Will have to work on many different types of working including but not limited to chopper boxes, gears, gravity boxes as well as other items as tasks as determined by the management of Waterman’s Forage / Chopper Box Repair & Sales (A division of Lumber Land LLC).
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Straightening of sheet metal
- Basic Carpenter skills
- Capable of learning to operate drills, saws and small tools and skid steer
- Remove and replace new parts, bearings, gears, chains etc
- Capable of following instructions
- Work as a part of a team
- Effective at communication skills
Performs light building maintenance, painting and general repairs. Cleans up around facilities. Loads and unloads trucks or various materials. Both hand and mechanical snow removal during inclement weather. Power washing of equipment and chopper boxes.
Machines/Tools / Equipment / Work Aids Used
Skid steers, pick-up trucks and trailers, riding lawn mowers, power and hand tools, sledgehammer, weed eater, chainsaw, air compressor, propane torch, electric drills and saws.
Materials / Products Handled
Silage, gravel, water, dirt, grass, sand, paint, gasoline, oil, diesel and other job related products
Valid Wisconsin drivers license. Must be physically capable of heavy manual labor, sometimes under unfavorable weather conditions. Lifting required. Occasional availability outside of normal working hours. Must pass pre-employment physical and drug-screen.
Education And/Or Experience
High school diploma of G.E.D. equivalent. Prefer training in basic mechanics.
Must be physically capable of heavy manual labor and be capable of lifting 70 pounds. Must not be afraid of heights up to 20 feet off the ground.
The primary work site is inside shop. But work outside of the shop is also required as is off-site work. There will be exposure to at times cold and hot temperature environments, sufficient noise levels, body strain and exposure to paint fumes.
- Great job skill builder and a place you can learn
- Employees opinions respected
- Open communication for all issues
- Ability to see what you did in a day
- Ability to work with your hands and have every day be different
Pay and Benefits
- Likely starting wage – $9.50 per hour
- Limited term employment likely, no benefits