As of 4/10/2019 – 0 opening
Job Description Downloads
- Waterman’s Forage / Chopper Box Repair & Sales (A division of Lumber Land LLC) – Job Description – Office Manager & Sheet Metal Worker (PDF File)
- Waterman’s Forage / Chopper Box Repair & Sales (A division of Lumber Land LLC) – Job Description – Office Manager & Sheet Metal Worker (Word File)
Purpose And Nature Of Job
Our chopper box repair business needs a reliable, well-organized Office Manager to handle day-to-day operations with a focus on efficiency and time management. The Office Manager will be responsible for keeping books up-to-date, streamlining administrative procedures, and inventory control. We are looking for an energetic professional who can multi-task and wear multiple hats. Must be comfortable with fast-paced and dynamic environment, where things can change often. Additionally this person must be able to spend 1-2 days per week helping with other shop duties that our other employees handle. Will have to work on many different types of work including but not limited to chopper boxes, gears, gravity boxes as well as other items as tasks are determined by the management of Lumber Land LLC. We see this job as 60-80% office manager and 20-40% manual labor on equipment.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal and work with customers, insurance companies and others
- Answer the phone, fax and scan documents
- Respond to customer inquiries; manage contacts
- Experience with email and understanding of proper online etiquette
- Enter financial transactions including payroll, income and expenses
- Management of expenses including filing, billing, and accounts payable
- Purchasing of supplies and equipment as directed
- Call in part orders that shop manager creates
- Capable of following instructions and able to make changes
- Implement organizational procedures
- Document systems compliance for items like company safety
- Ability to realize and communicate more effective and efficient processes
- Capable of learning to operate drills, saws and small tools
- Performs light building maintenance, painting and general repairs. Cleans up around facilities.
- Loads and unloads trucks or various materials.
- Both hand and mechanical snow removal during inclement weather.
- Power washing of equipment and chopper boxes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Online search ability for answers to questions for most economical purchases
- Online advertising (Google, Facebook, and website)
- Social media posting and monitoring for business; experience with online newsletters
- Website inventory and content updates via WordPress
- Experience with budgeting and payroll preferred
- Experience with DOT rules & regulations a plus
- Experience with credit financing policies for customers and credit card acceptance
Machines / Tools / Equipment / Work Aids Used
Skid steers, pick-up trucks and trailers, riding lawn mowers, power and hand tools, weed eater, chainsaw, air compressor, electric drills and saws.
Materials / Products Handled
Silage, gravel, water, dirt, grass, sand, paint, gasoline, oil, diesel and other job related products
Valid Wisconsin driver’s license. Occasional availability outside of normal working hours. Must pass pre-employment drug-screen. High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required (Associates degree or higher preferred). Must be physically capable of heavy manual labor, sometimes under unfavorable weather conditions. Lifting required.
The primary work site is inside shop. But work outside of the shop is also required as is off-site work. There will be exposure to at times cold and hot temperature environments, sufficient noise levels, and potential exposure to paint fumes and other materials.
- Flexible hours within weeks for special occasions
- Great job skill builder and a place you can learn
- Employees opinions respected
- Open communication for all issues
- Ability to see what you did in a day
Pay and Benefits
- Likely starting wage – $10.50 per hour
- Increases to $11.00 per hour after successful completion of 3-month probationary period
- Other raises as you learn skills and become more experienced
- Vacation days after probationary period
- Holiday pay